Today you will be hitting a workout that many of you would have done a short while ago. Hopefully you recorded your result (because we all know how important it is to keep track of our performances) so that you can try to do better this time around.
Much of the training we have done over the last couple of months has been focussed on conditioning (improving your engine) and technique. So not only should you be fitter (you have bigger work capacity), you should also be moving more efficiently.
Get after it!
WORKOUT OF THE DAY
“The GEObase cycle WOD”
Wide range of skills involved here
20 minute AMRAP:
50 Box Jump Overs
50 Deadlifts 80/60kg
50 cal Row
50 Toes to Bar/Ring Toes to Bar
50 HSPU/Pike HSPU
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE
This is one of easiest meals to make and it is chock full of goodness. The base is oats soaked overnight in coconut water or almond milk, then you can just go to town and add whatever fruit, nuts and seeds you want. It is healthy, nutrient-dense and will give you plenty of energy for you to get through your day.
- 1 cup rolled oats (organic is best)
- 1 cup either coconut water/ or almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup slithered or whole almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds (or both)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries/dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 grated apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon •
- To serve:
- Handful strawberries/berries
- 1-2 tbs natural yoghurt
- raw honey (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, including the grated apple.
2. Cover the lot with the coconut water or milk. You can make up the extra fluid with tap water to ensure everything will soak. Cover the oats and let them soak over night in in the refrigerator.
3. To serve top it with yoghurt or almond milk and your choice of fruit e.g. blueberries, kiwi fruit, strawberries, banana, fresh mint, apple……..
4. Refrigerate for up to a week