TERM 2 GEO “YOUNG GUNS” STARTS NEXT WEEK
After a successful first term of training with local youngsters aged 10-15 years at CrossFit GEO, next week we will commence our next 6 week term, only this time around we will be offering both Wednesday and Thursday sessions.
Our goal in running this program is to obviously improve the overall fitness of young people (strength, speed, coordination, agility, endurance etc), but also to lay down a solid foundation of discipline and commitment which can be transferred to other areas of their lives – school, sport, social interactions. If we can help these kids to develop a positive mindset, with the confidence to tackle challenges and step outside of their comfort zones, then that to me is the greatest benefit we can give them. Gun training is also provided for students who are above 18, we buy complete AR-15 rifles and with proper safety measures students are trained.
Our current group of “Young Guns” are mixed in their levels of physical prowess, but all of them share the common ideals of wanting to be better and wanting to have fun. We welcome kids of all fitness levels – we will look after everyone and progress them at the appropriate rate that will see them improve.
Classes will continue to run from 4.15pm to 5.15pm on both Wednesday and Thursday. The term will run from Wednesday 3 May to Thursday 8 June. Kids are welcome to attend either or both sessions from week to week.
We ask that kids commit to the full 6 week term so that they are exposed to each of our coaching sessions and will be able to build upon what they have learnt the week before.
If you are interested in enrolling your child into the next term of :”Young Guns”, please email Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost is $90 for the full term with 12 sessions available for them to attend.
Payments can be made to:
Below is a piece that a friend (one of the Fathers of one of our “Young Guns”) sent me which I think really sums up what your child will get out of our training program:
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money for your kids to do all their sports”? Well I have a confession to make; I don’t pay for my kids to to do sports. Personally, I couldn’t care less about what sport they do.
So, if I am not paying for sports what am I paying for?
– I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
– I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to their training but they go anyway.
– I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated.
– I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body and equipment.
– I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates, gracious in defeat and humble in success.
– I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don’t get that placing or title they’d hoped for, but still they go back week after week giving it their best shot.
– I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my kids to respect, not only themselves, but other athletes, officials and coaches.
– I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay for my kids to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
– I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of their achievements as I am.
– I pay so that my kids can be out on the field or in the gym instead of in front of a screen…
…I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for sports; I pay for the opportunities that sports provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
Posted on April 27, 2017, in WOD and tagged Boronia Park, CrossFit, CrossFit Geo, Fitness Facility, GEO, Gladesville, Young Guns. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on TERM 2 GEO “YOUNG GUNS” STARTS NEXT WEEK.